Blog for Beaders

A creative place to share jewelry making information, ideas, and inspiration! Hosted by Artbeads

beads

Japanese Lanterns

October 7th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Necklace design be Artbeads.com customer Lynda Moseley
The necklace is titled “Japanese Lanterns” and also features a polymer clay pendant created by me using an image transfer technique.  The image depicted is of a vintage Japanese woodcut.  I was drawn to the colorful graphics, but it sat on my worktable for weeks while I searched for the perfect gemstones to complete the necklace design.   Beads I picked up had too much cherry red in them, and I felt it needed something in the Chinese red family of orange-reds, or possibly a chameleon bead that would adapt to more than one color palette.  I knew I found that when I saw the Salmon/Peridot Czech glass rondelles!  They are perfect accents and bring out the reds in the pendant.

Thank you so much!

- By Artbeads.com customer Lynda
www.scdiva.etsy.com

Tags: Customer Gallery of Designs

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bridgette // Oct 8, 2009 at 6:28 am

Wow, this necklace is beautiful! I especially love the pendant. I am huge into asian culture, so this necklace is one of my favs that I’ve seen in awhile =]

• 2 Tina Farthing // Oct 8, 2009 at 6:34 am

Lovely necklace! Congrats Lynda for being featured! Beautiful work as always!

• 3 Donna Jo // Oct 8, 2009 at 6:41 am

I absolutely LOVE the pendent… Are you going to be selling them on your etsy site?

• 4 DB // Oct 8, 2009 at 7:20 am

beautiful! congrats on the good work. i can’t ever seem to get image transfer to work for me.

• 5 Anne // Oct 8, 2009 at 7:53 am

Lovely pendant, Lynda. I am also a native SC gal and I do some beading myself, but not polymer clay. Do you have a tutorial for making the image transfers? I do not sell the things I make, so would not be a competitor. Your pendants have a beautiful finish; I’d love to know how you made them.
    Thank you.
    Anne Smith

• 6 Nancy // Oct 8, 2009 at 8:25 am

This piece is beautiful. I love the vintage Chinese scene. So unique!

• 7 Lynda Moseley // Oct 9, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Oh, my! What a lovely way to end a very bad work week. Thank you so much for featuring my necklace!

And thank you, ladies, for your kind comments!

Donna Jo, I would be happy to make a pendant for you with this image. Send me a convo at the etsy shop and we’ll talk, okay?

Anne, howdy neighbor! Are you in the upcountry or the lowcountry? I’m a lowcountry gal myself. I would be happy to give you some pointers on image transfers. There are some really good tutorials online, but I’m happy to help!

Thanks again, everyone!

• 8 Kokopelli // Oct 10, 2009 at 1:21 am

You definitely found the right color match for the Japanese scene! I love that pendant.

• 9 sharon // Oct 12, 2009 at 7:09 pm

love the pendant is it on your site for sale and ho much.

• 10 Lynda Moseley // Oct 13, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Thank you so much, Kokopelli.

Sharon, please email me at the shop and I’ll give you the details. Thanks!

• 11 Angie Cornelius // Oct 28, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Stunning, great job on the polymer clay piece, isn’t polymer clay awesome?
    Masterful color combinations, I’m going to check out your shop!