Blog for Beaders

A creative place to share jewelry making information, ideas, and inspiration! Hosted by Artbeads

beads

DIY Bridesmaid Jewelry

November 16th, 2011 · 12 Comments

Learn how to make jewelry that your bridesmaids will be proud to wear again and again! Here’s what I made for my big day back in October. I chose colors that were complementing to an autumn backdrop—chocolate brown and cream—for their dresses.

For the jewelry I wanted to keep it classy but a little more fun, so I went with Swarovski round crystal pearlsin cream and dark brown matched with warm gold jewelry components. Each bridesmaid received a necklace, bracelet and pair of earrings with matching patterns.

You can easily make your own bridesmaid jewelry and present it as your bridal gift to them on the night of your rehearsal! The best part about making your own bridesmaid jewelry is that it can look exactly how you want. Get other great bridal jewelry ideas by visiting our Learning Center, available with free instructions and a list of components.

-Marissa

Tags: Employee Gallery of Designs · Jewelry and Craft Ideas

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ginger Morgan // Nov 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

I love the design and the color. The sets match nicely with the dresses. Great work.

• 2 Dawn // Nov 16, 2011 at 10:15 am

Your jewelry was really beautiful. It went really well with the bridesmaids dresses. I loved all the dresses by the way. Did you make your necklace also. Great job! Congratulations!

• 3 Marissa // Nov 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

Thank you so much, Dawn! My necklace was actually my “something old” and was a jewelry set passed down to me. It is made from silver and crystals.

• 4 Teresa // Nov 16, 2011 at 10:25 am

Beautiful day, beautiful bride! This is the wonderful thing about making jewelry, it’s getting it right, down to the smallest detail. Custom work you can be proud to give.

I love the colors you chose and the designs are timeless! A lifetime of happiness to you both!

• 5 Designs by Dawn Marie // Nov 16, 2011 at 10:31 am

Awww Marissa, congratulations dear! Love the chocolate brown pearls… the style of the necklaces were perfect for pictures too. There was no pendant to hang askew when trying to capture a group photo! LOL

{Hugs!}

• 6 Duchess // Nov 16, 2011 at 10:35 am

Congratulations Marissa on your beautiful wedding!

The bridesmaids jewelry is so elegant and classy, and beautifully compliments the dresses. We really enjoyed seeing your lovely creations. Wishing you and Jarred the best! :)

• 7 Lorraine // Nov 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Congratulations, Marissa! The photo with your girls is beautiful as is the jewelry you created. The style and colors are perfect.

• 8 Marissa // Nov 16, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! I’m glad you all liked my designs as much as the girls did :)

• 9 Joan // Nov 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Very, very nicely done. Elegant and easy to wear again and again. I love it. The girls look lovely—as well as you. A beautiful day.

• 10 jewelry for bridesmaids // May 12, 2012 at 12:47 am

This constantly amazes me just how blog owners such as your self can find the time as well as the dedication to keep on crafting superb blog posts. Your website is good and one of my personal must read weblogs. I just had to thank you.

• 11 Marissa // May 14, 2012 at 8:11 am

Thank you, Jewelry for Bridesmaids!

• 12 A Tip from a DIY Bride // Feb 1, 2013 at 7:00 am

[...] I’ve been married for a little over a year now, but with wedding season just around the corner, I wanted to remind all of the brides to be that going DIY doesn’t mean you can’t be elegant. Last time, I shared how I made the jewelry for my bridesmaids using Swarovski round crystal pearls and rondelles, accented by gold jewelry components. You can have an assortment of fancy beads, but the key to pulling off the right look is all about balance. Above is a close-up of my bridesmaid’s jewelry, but you can read more about how I made the sets here. [...]