Blog for Beaders

A creative place to share jewelry making information, ideas, and inspiration! Hosted by Artbeads

beads

Artbeads Employees’ New Year Resolutions

December 26th, 2012 · 7 Comments

Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to start thinking about changes in the coming year. We asked around to find out what some of the Artbeads staff have planned in 2013, and here are their goals:

“Flatback my world using the new pick-it-up tool!” —Yvette, Manager

“To learn more about bead embroidery using uncommon objects (I plan to go to antique stores) and bead around them.” —Cynthia, Co-Owner and Chief Jewelry Designer

“Organize my home studio. Organize to the point the workbench is visible. Make it so my cat doesn’t send product flying when he wishes to warm himself under my Ott light. That and make something every day.” —Teri, Jewelry Designer

“Start and complete the many ideas I have planned and not followed through with.” —Norma, Customer Service

“Get back to my watercolors” —Pat, Graphic Artist/Photo Editor

“Become more involved in activities outside of my house.” —Sherri, Product Coordinator

“I’ve been working on an ocean-themed lap quilt using colorful batik fabrics to create jellyfish and kelp. My New Year’s resolution is to finish sewing and embroidering the quilt so that I can start adding seed bead and crystal embellishments to it.” —Katie, Email Marketing Specialist

What’s your resolution for the new year?

-Marissa

Tags: Just For Fun!

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 New Year Resolution Giveaway // Dec 27, 2012 at 8:01 pm

[...] XHTML ← Artbeads Employees’ New Year Resolutions [...]

• 2 Tamra Graubner // Dec 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I moved to Puerto Rico this month hoping the weather would help relieve my fibromyalgia. It is my New Years Resolution to launch my jewelry business island style. I plan to distribute my jewelry through many local venues.

• 3 Betty Winslow // Dec 29, 2012 at 7:06 am

To make my beading studio more ergonomic, make jewelry for the Christmas shows I’m already signed up for in 2013 earlier than the week before (!), and to exercise each day to keep in shape.

• 4 Joyce Pusel // Dec 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm

To create more!

• 5 A. C. McFadden // Dec 30, 2012 at 1:36 am

I’ve started organizing my supplies, but I do have some UFO’s (UnFinished Objects) to complete. My resolutions for 2013 are to make at least one piece for a beadwork competition and to start making mixed media bracelets and goodies.

• 6 Just Me // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:51 am

Stop searching for earrings I like, instead make my own.

• 7 Carol Peterson // Jan 1, 2013 at 7:06 pm

My New Year plans are to continue organizing my Studio, so I will enjoy useing it.
    Launch my beading business.
    Excercise more, eat better.
    Challange myself with more advanced beading designs.