Get to know Artbeads.com designer Cheri in the interview below! Cheri has been a designer here at Artbeads.com for the past 9 months, her contributions to our Learning Center include Papillon set and Festiva Bracelet. She is also the narrator for our Handy Tip videos!
To celebrate her birthday we are offering a 15% discount on some of her favorite items! This sale is generally open only to our newsletter subscribers, for future sale notifications sign up to receive our newsletter.
- How long have you been designing jewelry?
- Where do you find your inspiration for your design ideas?
I am inspired by nature and architecture. The materials; beautiful beads, stones, papers etc. I am drawn to periodicals and am constantly inspired by other artists work in all kinds of medium.
- Could you tell us a little bit about your creative process?
Planning on paper works best for me. I like to do rough sketches to get a feel for the scale of the piece and the placement of components. Then I like to spread out all kinds of beads and play with color, sizes and shapes.
- What has been your favorite project you’ve worked on for the Artbeads.com Learning Center?
I really enjoyed making the “Go Green” tote. A little paint, a little sewing and some rhinestones. That’s a fun day! Also, the necklace I am working on right now. I can’t tell you about it yet, but look for it in early June for “Rebecca’s Birthday”
- As an artbeads.com designer what is it like to have access to every bead imaginable?
- Is there an artbeads.com item that you haven’t yet had the chance to work with but would like to soon?
We have some new hemp and Super-Lon bead cord for micro macramé in the most beautiful colors that I am anxious to work with. It launches this Thursday, April 23, 2009. (oops did I let the cat out of the bag?)
- What is your favorite beading material to work with?
I love natural materials; rocks, gems and shells. Czech glass especially the Picasso finishes, Swarovski crystals and rhinestones. I really like rhinestones!