October is the perfect month to really focus on your creativity! The weather is turning colder, meaning you’re spending more time indoors. Why not put that indoor time to good use with a beading challenge? For the entire month of October, we’re giving you creative prompts each day to challenge yourself to create. Join us on Instagram and our private Facebook Group starting October 1st and share posts for each day’s theme (make sure you join the group and follow us on Instagram so you can see what others share). You can share jewelry, beads from your stash, or something that inspires your work. There are no rules, so get as creative as you like! Just use the hashtags #beadtober and #SeriousArtbeader with each post. You could even win some beading supplies just by participating. Keep reading to see the themes we’ve chosen for each day and to learn more about our Beadtober Giveaway.
- 10/1: Stars and Moon – Share your celestial styles, from beads and pendants to finished jewelry designs!
- 10/2: Your Fave Jewelry Design
- 10/3: Something Spooky – what’s the spookiest bead you own or jewelry you’ve made? Maybe it includes bats, skeletons, spiders, witches, or creepy eyeballs.
- 10/4: Think Pink – October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so share something pink today to support the cause.
- 10/5: Easy-peasy – Share a simple jewelry design that you’ve completed or are planning.
- 10/6: Your Fave Tools
- 10/7: Orange and Black
- 10/8: Earrings
- 10/9: No time, No Worries! – Share your last-minute jewelry ideas.
- 10/10: Handbag Day – Today is National Handbag Day, so why not share your DIY handbag ideas? What would you add to a DIY bag? Rhinestones, zipper pulls, boho wood beads?
- 10/11: Gemstones
- 10/12: I Love Yarn! – Share your knitting projects, jewelry including fiber, crochet designs, and more.
- 10/13: Bead Crush – what are your current favorite beads?
- 10/14: Trick or Treat! Something Sweet! – Today is National Dessert Day, so share the dessert that keeps you fueled to bead or share a design inspired by desserts.
- 10/15: Fall Jewelry
- 10/16: Rings
- 10/17: What are you working on?
- 10/18: Boo! Be Bold! – Share a statement piece.
- 10/19: Rain Storm – We love the rain in the Pacific Northwest. Share your jewelry or beads inspired by rain.
- 10/20: Run Amok! – There are no rules today, so share whatever you want.
- 10/21: Necklaces
- 10/22: Fave Color – Today is National Color Day, so share those favorite colors.
- 10/23: Halloween Crafts – Share your DIY Halloween crafts. They don’t have to be jewelry. We love seeing decor ideas and other accessories.
- 10/24: Fall leaves
- 10/25: Bead storage – What’s your favorite way to store your beads?
- 10/26: Pumpkin Spice – Share pumpkin colors or pumpkin-themed beads and jewelry for National Pumpkin Day.
- 10/27: Bracelets
- 10/28: Chocolate – Today is National Chocolate Day, so share those delicious color palettes inspired by our favorite treat.
- 10/29: Halloween cats – It’s National Cat Day. Show off those Halloween cats or any cute cat that inspires you.
- 10/30: Candy Corn – Do you have any candy corn-themed jewelry? Do you eat this treat while beading? Maybe the colors inspire you. Share something delicious on National Candy Corn Day.
- 10/31: Happy Halloween! – What Halloween jewelry are you wearing or making today?
You could win our Giveaway!
We hope to see your posts for the #Beadtober challenge starting October 1st. We’ll be sharing some of your posts on our Instagram Stories through the challenge. As an added bonus, we’re giving away a prize of some of our favorite beading supplies, including a $50 Artbeads.com Gift Card, to one random lucky winner who participates in the challenge (Artbeads Official Contest Rules apply). The prize also includes some of our favorite Designer Blends, Artbeads Designer Jewelry Wire, Bead Stoppers, CzechMates beads, TierraCast components, TOHO Aiko seed beads, and more.
Are you up to the challenge? Let us know if you’re participating in the comments below so we can look out for your posts.