It’s that time again! You all loved our #Beadtober challenge last year, so we’re challenging you again this year. For the entire month of October, we’ll be sharing prompts each day to inspire your creativity. Make new jewelry for every day of the challenge, share creations you’ve already made, or show off beads from your stash. However you participate, it’s sure to be inspiring to everyone else. Join us on Instagram and our private Facebook group starting October 1st and share posts for each day’s theme (make sure you join the group and follow us on Instagram so you can see what others share). Use the hashtags #beadtober and #SeriousArtbeader with each post so everyone can see your posts show up on the hashtags. You could even win some beading supplies just by participating. Keep reading to see the themes we’ve chosen for each day and to learn more about our Beadtober Giveaway.
- 10/1: Your Fave Creation this year – show off your most favorite jewelry piece that you’ve created (or create a new favorite!).
- 10/2: Keep it Simple – everyone loves a simple beading project. Show off something simple that you love.
- 10/3: Gemstones – share a jewelry project featuring gemstone beads, cabochons, or pendants.
- 10/4: Fall Jewelry – Fall is here! share something that feels like fall to you.
- 10/5: Think Pink – October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Show off pink jewelry to recognize this cause.
- 10/6: Earrings – share some pretty earrings. They can be fall-themed, Halloween style, or just a favorite pair.
- 10/7: Something Quick – Sometimes you only have time to make something quick. Share a fast project to inspire everyone for their next speedy beading session.
- 10/8: Save the Bees! – We love bees and they look so cute in jewelry. Share a bee-themed project today.
- 10/9: Your Latest Obsession – Share a jewelry technique, trend, style, or color you just can’t get enough of.
- 10/10: Orange and Black – Halloween is coming! Put those spooky colors together for today’s inspiration.
- 10/11: Fall Nights – Share jewelry or something in your stash inspired by the moon and stars. We love a celestial theme!
- 10/12: Bead Storage – Give everyone a peek at how you store and organize your beads.
- 10/13: Necklaces – Let everyone see a necklace (or multiple necklaces) you’ve made.
- 10/14: Trick or Treat! Something Sweet! – Today is National Dessert Day, so show off something inspired by your sweet tooth cravings.
- 10/15: Boo! Be Bold! – Today is a day to share statement jewelry, whether it’s a bold necklace, daring earrings, or show-stopping bracelets.
- 10/16: Spooky Spots to Bead – Share the spaces where you like to bead. Maybe it’s a craft room, your dining room table, or outside on a picnic blanket.
- 10/17: Czech Glass – For today’s #Beadtober challenge, show off some jewelry featuring Czech glass or the Czech beads in your stash you’re dying to use.
- 10/18: Your Favorite Tools – We all have our favorite tools for jewelry making. Share yours today.
- 10/19: Halloween Crafts – It’s a great day to share some Halloween inspiration. Show off something you’ve made for the holiday, whether it’s home decor, a cute accessory, or jewelry.
- 10/20: Bracelets – It’s time to show off those beautiful bracelets you’ve made!
- 10/21: WIP Wednesday – Everyone loves to see a Work in Progress (WIP for short). Share your work in progress and maybe you’ll be inspired to complete it.
- 10/22: Your Favorite Color – Today is World Color Day so share a color that inspires you.
- 10/23: Leather – The Technique of the Month in our monthly calendar is wrapped leather, so show off those leather jewelry creations.
- 10/24: Halloween Cats – Share some cat-themed jewelry today (they don’t have to be spooky, we love all cats)!
- 10/25: Fall Leaves – Is there anything more perfect for fall than leaf-themed jewelry? Share yours today.
- 10/26: Pumpkins – Today is National Pumpkin Day. Show off the little pumpkins you’ve added to your jewelry creations.
- 10/27: Rings – If you’ve made beaded rings, bezel rings, wire-wrapped rings, or a ring style in between, we want to see them today!
- 10/28: Seed Beads – We know you love them! Show off your seed bead creations for today’s prompt.
- 10/29: Your Favorite Technique – Everyone has a favorite jewelry-making technique. What’s yours? Share it today.
- 10/30: Candy Corn Day – Love it or hate it, you can’t deny that candy corn is cute and festive. Share something candy corn-inspired on National Candy Corn Day.
- 10/31: Happy Halloween! Share whatever gets you in the spooky spirit today.
You could win our Giveaway!
We hope to see your posts for the #Beadtober challenge starting October 1st. We’ll be sharing some of your posts on our Instagram Stories throughout the challenge. As an added bonus, we’re giving away a prize of some of our favorite beading supplies to one random lucky winner who participates in the challenge (Artbeads Official Contest Rules apply). The prize includes a cute Carrot Cake bead recipe, fire-polished beads, Czech glass rondelles, Artbeads Designer Seed Bead Blends, and a gorgeous fall leaf pendant.
Will you be participating in the #Beadtober challenge? Let us know in the comments below and tell us what prompts you’re most looking forward to!