Swarovski’s Crystals Around the World program is taking you around the world from the comfort of your own home through beautiful crystal colors inspired by each location. The last location we are visiting is a natural wonder of America – The Grand Canyon. Discover beautiful crystal colors inspired by this location and beautiful jewelry to spark your creativity.
Crystal Copper, Montana, and Smoked Topaz are this month’s featured colors, inspired by the dusty red rock hues and the endless sky above the Grand Canyon. Swarovski is offering two inspiration projects inspired by this rugged terrain. Learn how to make these earrings and a fun leather bracelet cuff right here.
Grand Canyon Earrings
- Qty 2 Swarovski 8mm Faceted Rounds in Montana
- Qty 2 Swarovski 6mm Bicones in Crystal Copper
- Qty 2 Swarovski 6mm Bicones in Montana
- Qty 2 Swarovski 4mm Bicones in Smoked Topaz
- Qty 2 Swarovski 4mm Bicones in Crystal Copper
- Qty 2 Swarovski 12mm Tilted Chaton Fancy Stone in Crystal Copper
- Qty 2 Swarovski 18mm Tilted Chaton Fancy Stone in Crystal Copper (not available at Artbeads.com; try an 18mm Crystal Fancy Stone)
- Qty 2 Fancy Stone Settings 12mm
- Qty 2 Fancy Stone Settings 18mm
- Qty 1 pair Blank Earwires
- Qty 2 Silver Eye Pins 2-inch
- Qty 2 Medium Oval Jump Rings
- Swarovski Epoxy Glue
- Alcohol Wipes
Step 1: Using alcohol wipes clean all off the drop settings and set aside to dry.
Step 2: Using one Chaton fancy stone glue into matching finding. Repeat 3 more times and set aside to dry for 24 hours.
Step 3: Using med oval jump ring attach to 12mm chaton finding made in Step 2: Repeat once and set aside.
Step 4: Using one eye pin attach to the 18mm chaton finding made in Step 2. Slide on one 8mm Montana round bead, one 6mm Crystal Copper bicone bead, one 12mm chaton component made in step 3, one 6mm Montana bicone bead, one 4mm Smoked Topaz bicone bead, and make a simple loop.
Step 5: Using one Blank Ear Wire slide on one 4mm Crystal Copper bicone bead and make a simple loop. Attach to component made in Step 4.
Step 6: Repeat Steps 4-5 to make second earring.
Grand Canyon Bracelet
- Qty 2 Swarovski 9mm Princess Cut Pendants in Montana (not available at Artbeads; try 9mm Princess Cut Pendants in Sapphire)
- Qty 1 Swarovski Queen Baguette Pendant in Montana
- Qty 6 Swarovski 4mm Bicones in Montana
- Qty 20 Swarovski 4mm Bicones in Crystal Copper
- Qty 33 Swarovski 4mm Bicones in Smoked Topaz
- Qty 2 Swarovski 14mm Rivolis in Smoked Topaz
- Qty 3 Swarovski 14mm Rivolis in Montana
- Qty 1 Wide Leather Bracelet w/ 5 Settings (not available at Artbeads; try one of our leather bracelets and cuffs and rivoli settings like this one)
- Qty 3 TierraCast Eyelets (try Black Finish or Silver)
- Qty 3 TierraCast Micro Washers
- Qty 12 inches of FireLine
- Qty 1 Large Oval Jump Ring
- Qty 1 Large Round Jump Ring
- Qty 3 Small Round Jump Rings
Step 1: Find the center of one side of the leather edge and punch a small hole ~6mm from the edge. Move 2.5 inches to the left and punch in another hole ~6mm from the edge and repeat for the right side.
Step 2: Slide onto (1) eyelet (1) micro washer placing the component into one of the holes punched in step 1. Note: make sure the washer is on the right side of the leather. Using a hammer, tap from the wrong side the eyelet in place. Repeat for the second and third hole.
Step 3: Using the 5 Rivoli(s) 14mm in Montana and Smoked Topaz, place them into the settings on the wide leather bracelet. Please see picture for color placement.
Step 4: Thread the FireLine through a beading needle, matching the two tails evenly. Make an overhand knot at the end of the tail. From the wrong side next to the eyelet, insert the needle through the leather sideways without going through to the right side. Do this a couple of times to make sure the thread is snug. Pull the needle through the eyelet hole from the wrong to the right side.
Step 5: String on all of the 4mm bicones in the following order: 5 Smoked Topaz, 3 Crystal Copper, 1 Montana. Repeat 5 more times. Ending with 4 Smoked Topaz and 2 Crystal Copper.
Keeping the crystals without spaces on the thread wind around the Rivoli settings as shown in the picture. Pull the needle through the eyelet from the right side to the wrong side. Secure the thread close to the eyelet hole only visible from the wrong side.
Step 6: Take the needle back through the eyelet and into the crystals. Every 5 or 6 crystals, tack down the crystal loop into place using a slip stitch. Continue around the waves until you reach the opposite eyelet. Take the thread through the eyelet to the wrong side and secure the thread. Note: Perform this step without too much tension on the thread.
Step 7: Attach 1 large oval jump ring through the middle eyelet. Attach 1 large round jump ring to the oval one. Attach the remaining 3 small jump rings to the baguette pendant and the 2 princess cut pendants. Before closing the rings, attach each drop to the large round jump ring.